Are you a beginner when it comes to disposable vapes and looking for a vape device that works for you? Here at California Honey Vapes, we appreciate a good disposable: that’s why we make them!
But a lot goes into finding the right disposable for you and all your vaping needs and desires. Perhaps you’re looking for something that tastes yummy or has a powerful puff.
Or, you might be looking for a disposable that will help you manage your nicotine intake more effectively. Whatever you’re looking for, there is likely a disposable for you.
So how do disposable vapes work, and are they your best option? Follow us through this complete guide to disposable vapes, and find the right vaping device for you!
What Is a Disposable Vape?
A disposable vape is a vaporizer made with convenience in mind: you pick up your non-rechargeable disposable in a flavor of your choice, vape it until it's depleted, and then simply toss it out! No need to get a full vape kit or have the hassle of building a mod.
Most disposable vapes come pre-charged with a full battery. These disposable e-cigarettes can be activated with a button, or they may be draw-activated, meaning that they automatically heat up as you pull in your hit.
These vapes are typically stocked at most convenience stores or vape shops and are cost-effective and ready-to-go.
Are Disposable Vapes Rechargeable?
Your disposable vape will typically come fully charged and usually have enough internal battery life to last until you’ve depleted the e-liquid inside.
That said, depending on how often you vape or how big you like your clouds, you might run out of battery before you run out of juice. If this sounds like you, you’ll want to find a disposable vape with a rechargeable battery.
Some disposable vapes can be recharged, but not all will come equipped with a charger. If you have it handy, you may have to use an old one from a different product. Or purchase one separately from a vape or smoke shop.
While the batteries in disposable vape pens may not be the strongest or continue to last for too many recharges, it’s useful to find a vape device that doesn’t leave you with any worry about battery depletion when you’ve still got some e-juice left.
What Are the Perks of Disposable Vapes?
The convenience of disposable vapes makes them a good choice to grab on the go, and their disposable nature gives you some wiggle room to explore and experiment with different vapes.
Many people, from newer to more experienced vapers, enjoy the convenience of disposable vapes for various reasons.
New Vape Flavors and Products
Some folks simply just prefer being able to try new flavors or vape products after they finish an old one. The ritual of picking up a new flavor can add an air of novelty to your vaping experience.
Prefilled disposable vapes come in various flavors, from classics like menthol to more exotic flavors like guava, lychee, watermelon, kiwi, or creme-brulee. So, it makes sense that you may get tired of a particular flavor or device and want to try a new one.
Or, it may be because sometimes a limited edition vape or a vape with a unique theme related to a show, musical artist, or video game may hit the market for a fixed time.
For the Accident-Prone: Avoid Pricey Mistakes
Klutzes or anyone prone to losing or breaking things may find a disposable vape device more practical.
Batteries and vape mods are easy to drop, lose, or damage with water, heat, or any other contaminant. And especially if you have an expensive, reusable vape mod, this can be devastating. Once you break the relatively fragile glass chamber, your vape could be toast.
Vapes can be tricky if you’re not careful. This is especially true for the slimmer vape-pen varieties, which can be quite slippery or easy to lose track of amongst the clutter of a home or workspace.
Managing Nicotine Intake
Finally, folks trying to manage and keep track of their nicotine intake may find it easier with disposable vapes.
Disposable vapes can come in several volumes, nicotine concentrations, and sizes. Here at California Honey Vapes, for example, we have vapes with puff counts ranging from 1500 puffs a piece to 4500 puffs. Disposable vapes offer a tangible way to see how much you take in.
It may be useful for someone trying to wean off nicotine to try a nic salt (nicotine salts) or freebase disposable e-cig. That way, they gain a sense of how much nicotine they are getting each time they get a new device.
Additionally, they can buy smaller or less concentrated vapes as they go, gradually decreasing the volume or concentration of nicotine strength as time progresses. At California Honey Vapes, we even offer vapes with no nicotine.
While there are other ways to keep track of your nicotine intake, disposables are a convenient, practical way to see how much you're having and how long it lasts and adjust accordingly.
Dangerous Work Environments and Safe Vape Use
If you work in a hazardous environment such as a construction site, fast-paced warehouse facility, kitchen, or any other workspace with very hot or cold temperatures, it may be practical to stick with disposable vaporizers.
If you know your work environment isn’t very safe for your vape, you may be better off leaving it at home or somewhere else that’s safer.
For any vaper, especially the klutzes, make sure you also practice safe vape use and storage practices for your workspace and home.
Here are a few pointers:
- Don’t overtax the battery or mod, or expose it to dangerous elements.
- Store your vape in a safe, dry place at a moderate temperature.
- Don’t overcharge the battery.
- Finally, try to turn off your disposable vape when you’re not using it.
Additionally, keep in mind that second-hand vaping is a real thing! So, if you work or live in a closed-off indoor space, you may be worsening the air quality for your family, roommates, or work colleagues.
Practice safe vaping habits, and encourage your friends and fellow vapers to do the same.
What Disposable Vape Should I Buy?
This may be fairly apparent by now, but there’s a lot of variety when choosing the right disposable vape for you.
- Disposables come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and concentrations. Some larger batteries and chambers can last you upwards of 4,000 puffs!
- Meanwhile, smaller e-cigarette and vape pen brands will usually only have 200 to 400 puffs a piece. Still, this volume can last anywhere from four days to a solid week or more, even for intermediate vapers!
Some vapes are labeled as disposable but have reusable batteries. This is true for many sleeker e-cigarette and vape pen brands. You’ll be able to keep the body of the vape while switching out a cartridge or tube with a different flavor of vape juice.
That said, even those reusable batteries can be quite disposable and won’t always last the longest. You may need to get a new battery after going through a few cartridges or if you wear through the disposable vape coil or battery.
How Do Disposable Vape Coils Work?
Disposable vaporizers work by heating your vape juice, e-liquid, or other oil through a metal coil. This coil can be stainless steel, iron, nickel, or any other kind or combination of conductible metals.
A typical vape device will have a cotton wick attached to its coil, which soaks up the e-liquid or oil inside, and creates vapor as it is heated through the coil.
Originally, most vapes used spiral coils. These are the conventional types of coils composed of a single wire bent into a spring-like shape. They are still widely used today and preferred by some vapers.
The Advantages of Mesh Coils
Mesh coils, on the other hand, are becoming increasingly popular and are the more novel approach. These coils are composed of metal wires threaded into a grid-like shape. This grid-like shape offers some advantages to how the vape juice or oil is vaporized:
- The grid-like shape of mesh coils allows for a much more even heating application on the wick. This helps to prevent burning portions of the wick.
- The even surface area of the heated mesh coil can also make for a more direct, strong, and flavorful hit. Mesh coils tend to heat up and hit fast.
- The even distribution of heat in a mesh coil makes the coil last longer without being burnt out or drained by one portion of the metal receiving more strain than another.
- With a mesh coil, pulls from your vape will also feel more consistent, albeit generally heavier in vapor.
It may take some getting used to if you haven’t used a mesh coil before, but they work similarly to the conventional type and can save you some trouble!
At California Honey Vapes, we enhance the effectiveness of our disposables using the technology of mesh coils. If this type of vape interests you, try out one of our flavors!
What Liquids Go In Disposable Vapes?
Finally, when it comes to what you’re vaping, there’s a range of vape juice and oil products available to purchase as a disposable vaporizer:
- Most commonly, you may notice nicotine vape juices or e-liquids. These come in a variety of concentrations, usually expressed as a percentage. It’s important to note that you won’t always vape the full amount of nicotine that an e-liquid is said to contain. Depending on how big or small of a puff, what type of coil you have, and other factors, you could be vaping a different quantity of nicotine each time.
- If nicotine isn’t your thing, you have plenty of options. Nicotine-free vaporizers contain no nicotine, just flavorful vapor. These are great if you like vaping but don’t want nicotine. Or, if you’re trying to quit nicotine, a non-nicotine vape may help make the transition easier for you.
- CBD is an increasingly common ingredient for vape juices, with a less noticeable bodily effect on the user. CBD is said by some folks to help them soothe feelings of pressure or tension or catch some more Zzzs!
- Marijuana or THC oils are also available in disposable vapes. These will produce a similar high as traditional marijuana, with various strains to choose from with varying effects. Some strains support creativity and energy, while others offer relaxation and relief.
- Delta-8 THC is an increasingly popular alternative to conventional (Delta-9) THC. As a molecule, Delta-8 is fairly similar to Delta-9 THC. It produces similar effects as well, with some key differences. Most of these differences are subjective, so proceed with caution.
California Honey Vapes Has Got You Covered
If you think disposables seem like something worth trying, California Honey Vapes has got you covered with a wide variety of flavors, sizes, and types of disposable vapes!
We have disposable vapes in flavors like Watermelon Ice, Grape Ice, Cool Mint, Lush Ice, and many more. In addition to these great flavors, we have different sizes of vapes, from 1500 puffs to 4500 puffs.
We have both nicotine and nicotine-free vapes, as well as a variety of other products. If you’re just looking for a new battery, charger, or rolling tray, we’ve got you there too!
Head to California Honey Vapes for whatever kind of disposable you need.
Tips to Help Avoid Vape Battery or Fire Explosions | U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Effects of Electronic Cigarettes on Indoor Air Quality and Health | Annual Reviews
Nicotine Levels in Electronic Cigarettes | Oxford Academic
What Is The Difference Between Delta-8 THC and Delta-9 THC? | Discover Magazine